Countries, sectors, and CEOs face an increasingly complex world characterized by the diffusion of new digital technologies, affecting productivity performance while causing disruption. In this world, the rewards for success—and the penalties for failure—are ever greater. In this briefing note, we synthesize ten insights that should help better frame the digital journey through a world that has been radically transformed in the quarter century since the commercial internet emerged with the first browser.
Access the report below by McKinsey Global Institute to learn more about the 10 insights into digitisation.
- Large economic potential is linked to digitization—and much of it yet to be captured
- Digital superstars are rising far beyond the US big four and China’s big three
- Digital natives are calling the shots
- Digital changes everything— even industry boundaries
- Agile is the new way to compete
- Playing the platform economy is an “in the money” option
- Self-cannibalization and innovation are a necessity for digital reinvention
- Going after the right M&A is key
- Effective management of digital transformation is vital—but challenging
- Leveraging, and transitioning from, digital to new frontier technologies is an imperative
View the full report in our Resources page.
Cubility are the trusted advisor to some of Australia’s largest oil and gas, mining, utilities and public companies. We help ensure your company is operational ready and business effective through modern technology strategies, program management and IT support.